Mini Baccarat: Low Stakes Baccarat Games for Beginners
Table Of Contents
When you are new to some Casino game, be it Baccarat, Slots, or Blackjack, you will make mistakes.
That's a fact.
Even Slots, which seem to be the easiest Casino game to play, require some knowledge. Because picking a winning Slot machine isn't an art: it is a skill.
And let's be honest, card games are harder to play than Slots.
In this, Baccarat is no exception.
Mistakes, in gambling, are always expensive. That's why you need to learn how not to make any.
That's why you need this article and an account to play Mini Baccarat.
You need to learn about the game before you begin to play.
Then, if you can afford to move onto the real money play, you need to start from games with low stakes, or else you might risk to lose a lot.
Mini Baccarat can help you with both.
Mini Baccarat is the classic Baccarat game but it has five times lower stakes than the usual tables you'll encounter online.
And if you play at brick-and-mortar Casinos, it also seats fewer players.
How to Play Mini Baccarat
The rules of Mini Baccarat don't differ from any other Baccarat game you've played or consider playing in the future.
Tip: Want to learn Mini Baccarat faster? Open the game here and play for free as you continue reading.
You start the game of Mini Baccarat by placing your bet:
- Click on the monetary options and choose your wager size (0.2, 1, 2, 5, or 10)
- Place a bet by clicking on the appropriate betting area (Player, Banker, or Tie)
Each click on the specific area will add your selected wager size.
For example, if you selected 0.2, you can click the Player area three times to make your total bet 0.6. You can also combine bets, e.g. bet 0.4 on the Player and 0.2 on the Tie (like in the picture below).
The betting limits are as follows:
|Bet||Min Bet||Max Bet|
What do Mini Baccarat Bets Actually Mean
- When you place a bet on the Player, you win if the Player wins / the Banker loses/ there is no Tie.
- When you place a bet on the Banker, you win if the Banker wins / the Player loses/ there is no Tie.
- When you place a bet on the Tie, you win if both the Player and the Banker has the same score on their cards after the card deal stops.
But when does the Player or the Banker win?
For the Player (or the Banker) to win, they need to make a combination of cards that is scoring a 9 or as close to it as possible.
In this case, counts as 1 point and ,,,,,,, and count as their numeric value. and the face cards (,, and ) each counts as 0 points.
If your score reaches two digits, e.g. 15 (+), only the second digit is considered as your score. In this case, you'd have a score of 5.
How does it reflect in the gameplay?
Both the Player and the Dealer gets two cards each.
- If the Player's hand score from 0 to 5, the Player gets a third card. If it's more, the deal for the Player stops.
- If the Player stops, the Banker only takes the third card if they have only 5 points or less.
If the Player gets a third card, the Banker:
- takes a third card if they have a 0 to 2 scoring hand while the Player has 0 to 9
- takes a third card if they have a 3 scoring hand while the Player has anything but 8
- takes a third card if they have a 4 scoring hand while the Player has anything but 0, 1, 8, or 9
Don't worry, though. You don't need to remember this part. It plays itself out automatically.
You see whether the Player or Banker gets the third card and what are the scores of their hands on your screen.
When the dealing stops (after the third cards are dealt when applicable), you see the outcome of the game:
- if both the Player and the Banker has the same score, it's a Tie
- if the Player's or the Banker's score is higher, they win
Mini Baccarat Payouts
There are three bets in the Mini Baccarat game, so there are also only three payouts: for the Player win, for the Banker win, and for the Tie win.
|You bet on the Player and win||You get an even money payout (1 to 1)|
|You bet on the Banker and win||You get an even money payout minus 5 percent commission (0.95 to 1)|
|You bet on the Tie and win||You get a whopping payout of 8 to 1|
Mini Baccarat Winning Strategy
For a game of chance, Mini Baccarat has some of the best odds at a Casino:
- When you place a Banker bet, the house edge is only 1.06 percent
- When you place a Player bet, the house edge is only 1.24 percent
And some of the worst:
- When you place a Tie bet, the house edge is 14.36 percent
So, if you follow the Mini Baccarat strategy (and ignore your emotions or gut instincts), don't make the Tie bet. It will make you lose the most in the long run.
Then, don't be afraid to make the Banker bet.
Many players consider it superstitious because you're betting against yourself. But that's not the case.
Consider yourself a spectator and not the player if you feel like it. At the end of the day, the Banker bet has the best odds, even with the 5 percent commission for the winnings.
So, to win more at Mini Baccarat, remember only two tips:
- Never bet on the Tie
- Make the Banker bet most often
Keep this in mind and you'll be just fine.
If you want to read more about (Mini) Baccarat strategy, check out these articles:
Be sure to complete your PokerNews experience by checking out an overview of our mobile and tablet apps here. Stay on top of the poker world from your phone with our mobile iOS and Android app, or fire up our iPad app on your tablet. You can also update your own chip counts from poker tournaments around the world with MyStack on both Android and iOS.The promotion presented on this page was available at the time of writing. With some Casino promotions changing on daily basis, we suggest you to check on the site if it still available. Also, please do not forget to read the terms and conditions in full before you accept a bonus.